Saturday, March 5, 2011

Who Lives Next to a Pineapple Under the Sea?...

Squidward...I had him for dinner tonight and he was disgusting! Don't get me wrong, I've had squid before and loved it, but I suppose I might only prefer it if fried (maybe it's the southern in me).   Tonight it did the most awful thing it could do...it squeaked on my teeth!! freak me out!!!

As terrible as this squid experience was, nothing can top the awful (and I mean AWFUL) taste of octopus! I guess I should say texture rather than taste because it has absolutely no taste-and if it did, I didn't make it far enough to taste anything.  Just talking about it now makes me wanna gag!! There aren't many things that I won't eat-unless it has a freaky texture.  Yes, I am one of "those" people.  A weird texture will most certainly make me gag.  Laugh if you will, but I am not good with such strange textures.  My "normal" food aversions (due to texture) are bananas, jello, milkshakes, and syrup...random, I know!  Octopus was looking to be promising though.  It looked tender enough.  au contraire mon frere.  It was squeaky on my teeth (like squidward) and so tough/chewy! The feeling that I felt after sticking that awful piece of seafood in my mouth would (I assume) compare to the feeling you get when you are going on a date with someone new and are expecting to go somewhere nice (i.e. Olive Garden) and you end up eating a burger, fries, and a shake at Mcdonalds...such a disappointment!

So, the moral of the story (and what I told Matthew) is that we will no longer be purchasing any kind of mixed seafood....EVER!  I will stick to "chicken of the sea," shrimp, (trying new) fish, and occasionally crab.  Other than that, Matthew will have to eat his octopus at a restaurant because this army wife ain't buyin it!!

Disgusted & Disappointed,
Casi

Pleased & Humored,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment